The British Cemetery 1904
These photos were taken at the inauguration of the British Cemetery in 1904
A stone in the near corner of the enclosed area, inscribed G.P.E. 1904, denotes the ceremony following the installation of the iron railing in 1904 by the Governador da Praça de Elvas, General Rodrigues da Costa.
With permission of the Arquivo Historico Militar, Lisbon